Monday, September 10, 2007

Out of cycle post - Books

Normally, I just post on the weekends but I was pretty excited about a book I just finished. I FINALLY got around to finishing Reversing: Secrets of Reverse Engineering by Eldad Eialm and was blown away with the content. I had been wanting to get deeper in reverse engineering and the ability to dissect malware, so this was great.



Additionally, I have been wanted to write a book on digital forensic investigation, but focused on the whole range of investigation. Basic forensics, media reconstruction, password cracking, interview skills, and investigation techniques. Maybe some of the reporting and chain of custody stuff.

I really liked Real Digital Forensics, but my book would be more about building a security service, whether it is in higher ed like Georgetown's Information Security Office or a small digital forensics company like HCP Forensics.

No comments: